F.ishing B.akery L.abs Studio
Situated in the middle of Zürich Switzerland, the F.ishing B.akery L.abs sound studio has been the birthing chair of a lot of swiss and international cd productions. Also, because the whole infrastructure is based around the extremely flexible HQ Metric Halo MobileIO Hardware, there is a big mobility factor. This has made it possible to literally go and record with the backpack multitrack-studio. Recordings like this have been made in the Netherlands, France, Germany, Switzerland and Ethiopia. The mixdown usually takes place in the FBL Studio in Zürich.
A small overview:
- Akotet by Zerfu Demissie, AS12 on Terprecords, recorded in Addis Ababa ET, mix at FBL
- around the corner by ./morFrom/., fbl004 on 121234.records, recorded&mixed at FBL
- Hulgizey by Mohammed Jimmy Mohammed, AS14 on Terprecords, recorded in Tourcoing FR, mixed at FBL
- Moa Anbessa by Getachew Mekuria and the Ex, AS11 on Terprecords, recorded in Tourcoing, FR mixed at FBL
- Low Tide Digitals by Luigi Archetti&Bo Wiget, RCD2019 on Rune Grammofon, mixed at FBL
- des pas rayés by Cedric Vuille, Discs Rayés, production and mixed at FBL
- Diverse Schtaernefoifi, on Universal, recorded and mixed at FBL
- Zeng by Han Bennink and Terrie Ex, IS13 on Terprecords, recorded in Wormerveer, mixed at FBL
- Silent Surface by Luigi Archetti & Jan Schlegel, UTR4138 on Unit Records, mixed at FBL
- Bach Suites on TenorSax by Peter Landis, recorded at his rehearsal room, mixed and mastered at FBL
- Post Mortal Songs by Serendip-O-Matic, fbl003 on 121234.records, recorded and mixed at FBL
The FBL has been recording the Taktlos jazz-impro Festival in Zürich in a multitrack and stereo format for Swiss national radio DRS2 broadcast during the past 10 years.
New is the recording of the Alliance Ethio-Francaise music festival curated by Francis Falceto in Addis Ababa in 2008 and 2009.